Saturday, October 24, 2015

A New Beginning

A good morning to my readers.

As most of you probably already know, Thursday afternoon Doug went on his trek to his new peaceful, heavenly life.  His mother, sister, Beth, and I were all there with him.  We cried and laughed.  His mom brought pictures of Doug through his growing up years.  (The big frizzy hair he had in high school would surely have stopped me from dating him!) 

He was a wonderful son, brother, father, and friend.  But most of all he was a gentle and loving husband with an immeasurable amount of patience.  After all who would live with four cats hogging your bed and not complain?

Services will be Monday, October 26th, at 11:00 at the Church of Christ in Irwin.  We will celebrate his "Damn Near Perfect" life.

I can not begin to thank everyone for all the support we had through this quick ordeal.  All the prayers, calls, texts, cards, food, and unexpected visits sustained us.  I appreciate each and every one of you!


Pr. 23.26-Pay close attention, son, and let my life be your example.  GNB




5 comments:

  1. So sorry to read this Angie. It is obvious through all of your blogs the deep love and caring you had for your husband. He sound like a helluva guy. Peace and prayers to you and you children. Maybe even the cats.......I'm a dog guy through and through!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dearest Angie. Words cannot express how much we wish that we could be with you at this time. Please know that we are thinking about you and praying for each of you. As you said, Bear's attitude was always "damn near perfect" and we loved him for that.
    If there is anything that we could possibly do for you, all you have to do is contact us!
    Love you, Betty & Dave

    ReplyDelete
  3. Angie - My heart goes out to you and the family. You and Doug made such a profound impact on my childhood and (now) adult life. I couldn't have been more blessed to have such superb examples of kind, intelligent, and downright funny people in my life. Doug will be so dearly missed.
    With so much love,
    Carleigh

    ReplyDelete
  4. I assume you picked that picture because it shows him "in the clouds" where he is with his Heavenly Father now. I am so sorry for you, and for our community, which he adopted with a smile and a gung-ho attitude. Anchors Aweigh!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have been on blog Sites for a while now and today I felt like I should share my story because I was a victim too. I had HIV for 6 years and I never thought I would ever get a cure. This made it impossible for me to get married to the man I was supposed to get married to even after 2 years of relationship. He broke up with me when he found out I was HIV positive. So I got to know about Dr. Itua on a Blog Site who treated someone and the person shared a story of how she got cured and let her contact details, so I contacted Dr. Itua and he actually confirmed it and I decided to give it a try too and use his herbal medicine. That was how my burden ended completely. My son will be 2 soon and I am grateful to God and thankful to his medicine too.Dr Itua Can Cure all Neuromuscular Diseases,Hiv/Aids,Hsv,Cancers all types with his natural herbal medicines. (A just reach him on drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com Or visit his website on www.drituaherbalcenter.com)

    ReplyDelete